Our goal is to provide:
- safe and supportive social learning experiences for adults on the autism spectrum in a group setting
- opportunities for adults on the spectrum to meet others on the spectrum
- support systems for the family members of adults on the spectrum where they can exchange ideas and information and offer one another guidance in a group setting
- no cost, on-going, obligation free, no strings attached group and referral services
- up to date information on scientific research, books, movies, news, and local and national resources relevant to the autism spectrum
- an online forum where adults on the spectrum can share thoughts and feelings
- social events for people on the spectrum
Wish List, Future Hopes and Dreams
- Adults on the spectrum have a much higher than average unemployment rate. We hope to create a company, like Aspiritech, in which people on the spectrum could work in a supportive environment where their special talents and strengths could be tapped for gainful employment.
- People on the spectrum have great difficulty becoming independent of their family. We hope to develop a low-cost private living environment with support services, guidance, and encouragement for independence
- If you have expertise, resources, or the desire to find such resources, please contact Barbara J Nichols, Ph.D. through this website to get involved.